Wed, Nov 9, 2022
Papas (Portuguese Porridge) Recipe [Cooking Video]
Share this Video
This papas (Portuguese porridge) recipe from Just Cook with Michael Santos is easy, quick to make and delicious.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 egg yolk optional
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Mix the flour, ground cinnamon, sugar, salt and milk together in a pan.
- Place the pan on the stove, heat, and continue stirring until thickened. Once the porridge has thickened continue cooking for an additional two minutes- the step cooks out the raw starchy taste from the flour.
- If using egg yolk: put the egg yolk in a small bowl. Next temp or the egg yolk- by adding about tablespoon of the porridge mixture to the egg yolk while stirring. Then stir in this mixture back into the porridge.
- Continue simmering the porridge over low heat. for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put the papas on a plate and sprinkle more cinnamon and sugar on top.
Video Credit: Just Cook With Michael Santos
Get Portuguese ingredients