Tue, Nov 9, 2021
How to Freeze Chestnuts
Share this Blog
During the fall and winter you can freeze the chestnuts you have in excess. It's an easy process that ensures you have good quality chestnuts for use all year round!
Frozen Chestnuts without Shell
- With a sharp knife peel off the chestnuts.
- Soak the chestnuts in boiling water for two minutes.
- Remove the skin while they are hot.
- Divide the nuts in airtight bags and freeze.
Frozen chestnuts in Shell
- With a sharp knife make a cut on the chestnuts as if you were going to roast them.
- Freeze in airtight bags.
Recipe & Photo Credit: receitasdeportugal.com
Get Portuguese ingredients