Portuguese Crock Pot Cacoila Recipe
2 h 55 min
Level of Difficulty:
1 lb boneless pork ribs1 lb stew beef1 large onion, coursely chopped3 garlic cloves, chopped2 bay leaves1/2 Tbsp portuguese allspice1 Tbsp paprika1 small can tomatoes, diced2 Tbsp crushed red pepper (liquid type)1/4 c good red winesalt and pepper, to taste
- Add everything but the small can of tomatoes to crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is shredded.
- The last 2 hours add the can of tomatoes undrained.
- You will have to stir with a fork to break up the meat once in a while.
- I usually do it every hour or so after the meat is cooked.
- Serve on your favorite roll.