Portuguese Golden Slices (Rabanadas) Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Oct 1, 2015
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
12 slices of sliced bread1/4 liter of milk 1/2 cup of sugar 1 stick of vanilla1 lemon peel 5 eggs 1 cup of butterCinnamon (to taste)
Get these Ingredients at Amazon.com
- Boil the milk with a vanilla stick and lemon peel in a pan.
- Beat the eggs in a separate pan.
- Remove the milk from heat and let it cool.
- Add the sugar to the milk and stir.
- Soak each bread slice in the milk first and then in the beaten eggs.
- In a frying pan melt some butter, when the butter starts to foam, fry the slice of bread on both sides until golden brown.
- Once fried, place each slice on a paper towel to remove the fat and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. *