How to make almond cake.
|Preparation time||45 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||1 h 25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 cup all-purpose flour3⁄4 cup granulated sugar1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda1⁄4 teaspoon salt1 egg1⁄2 cup buttermilk1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract1⁄3 cup melted butter, cooled to room temperature2⁄3 cup sliced almondsHot Almond Syrup3⁄4 cup granulated sugar6 tablespoons water1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract together until smooth. Stir in melted butter.
- Add flour mixture and mix with spoon until nearly smooth.
- Turn into a buttered 9" springform pan.
- Bake until center of cake springs back when lightly touched, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- While is hot, cover top with sliced almonds.
- Slowly pour Hot Almond Syrup even over, letting syrup soak into cake.
- Broil about 6" from heat until almonds are lightly toasted.
- Cool on rack 15 minutes.
- Using knife or spatula, loosen sides between pan and cake, then cool completely before releasing springform pan.
- Hot Almond Syrup: In 1-qt saucepan combine sugar and water.
- Boil until mixture reaches 220F on candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add almond extract; stir well.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Even though Spanish and French are the two most widely spoken Romance languages in the world, the Portuguese language is the third most significant Romance language and the fifth most spoken language in the world,...
The Island of São Jorge in the Azores, is home to one of the richest and most elaborate cheeses on Earth, São Jorge cheese.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you how to make Portuguese seafood rice (arroz de marisco).