Portuguese Caramel & Pecan Cake Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Mar 20, 2019
0 out of 5 with ratings
Cake:3/4 cup of brown sugar3/4 cup of 35% whipping cream1/2 cup of softened butter1 and 1/4 cup of flour1 teaspoon of baking powder2 egg yolks3 egg whitesA pinch of salt1 teaspoon of vanilla extract1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamomIcing:1/2 cup of brown sugar1 cup of 35% whipping cream1 teaspoon of butter1 pinch of saltPecans nuts (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Grease a 24 cm in diameter cake pan with butter and lightly sprinkle flour.
- Boil the 3/4 cup of cream in a pot or microwave it.
- Heat the 3/4 cup of brown sugar in a pot until it turns into a caramel.
- Add the cream gradually, stirring well until you get a homogeneous cream and set aside.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until it is clear and creamy.
- Add the egg yolks one by one, beating well between each addition.
- Add the caramel and vanilla while whipping.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and incorporate it into the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out dry.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Boil the cream in a pot or microwave.
- Heat the 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a pot over low heat until it turns into a caramel.
- Add the cream gradually, stirring well until you get a homogeneous result.
- Finally add the butter and salt and stir well.
- Pour the cream over the cake and garnish with pecan nuts.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These