Portuguese steak with an egg on horseback (bife com ovo a cavalo) is one of the most popular dishes in Portuguese cuisine, it's delicious and simple to prepare, serve with rice and vegetables or a small salad on the side.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 steak fillets1/4 cup of olive oil8 garlic cloves, crushed4 eggs1/2 lb of potatoes, sliced into friesVegetable oil, for fryingSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season the steaks and sliced potatoes with the crushed garlic cloves, olive oil, salt and pepper (to taste) in a bowl and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pour some vegetable oil in a deep frying skillet and heat it over medium heat.
- When it's hot, add the steak fillets one by one and fry them until they become golden brown.
- Once you're done with the steaks, fry the eggs sunny side up and place them over the steaks.
- Next, fry the sliced potatoes until they are golden brown.
- Once done, turn off the heat, add them to a platter and serve while hot.