Portuguese steak with an egg on horseback (bife com ovo a cavalo) is one of the most popular dishes in Portuguese cuisine, it's delicious and simple to prepare, serve with rice and vegetables or a small salad on the side.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 steak fillets1/4 cup of olive oil8 garlic cloves, crushed4 eggs1/2 lb of potatoes, sliced into friesVegetable oil, for fryingSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season the steaks and sliced potatoes with the crushed garlic cloves, olive oil, salt and pepper (to taste) in a bowl and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pour some vegetable oil in a deep frying skillet and heat it over medium heat.
- When it's hot, add the steak fillets one by one and fry them until they become golden brown.
- Once you're done with the steaks, fry the eggs sunny side up and place them over the steaks.
- Next, fry the sliced potatoes until they are golden brown.
- Once done, turn off the heat, add them to a platter and serve while hot.
You might also like:
On this video watch Nancy step by step on how to make this delicious banana chocolate chip loaf.
Natasha's best chocolate chip cookies are big, soft, chewy and loaded with chocolate.
Here are 5 great Portuguese recipe books I highly recommend you get for yourself or someone you know who loves Portuguese food.