A delicious style simple lemon cake (recipe bolo de limão simples) that is easy to make and very moist.
Cake:3 eggs1/2 cup of brown sugar1/2 cup of sugar1 and 1/3 cups of flour1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter1 (8 oz) Greek citrus yogurt2 tablespoons of lemon juiceZest of 1 lemon1 tablespoon of baking powderPinch of saltSyrup:2 tablespoons of sugar1 cup of water2 slices of lemonGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar, add the butter and the Greek yogurt and beat again.
- Add the flour and baking powder and a pinch of salt, and beat until homogeneous.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan, previously greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes (test with toothpick).
- Allow the cake to cool completely before unmolding.
- Boil the one cup of water with the two tablespoons of sugar and two very thin slices of lemon.
- Let it boil to reduce the water and you get a thick syrup.
- Remove the slices of lemon, cover the cake with the syrup and serve.
Please Leave a Comment
There are no comments for this recipe.