Portuguese Simple Lemon Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar, add the butter and the Greek yogurt and beat again.
- Add the flour and baking powder and a pinch of salt, and beat until homogeneous.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a cake pan, previously greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes (test with toothpick).
- Allow the cake to cool completely before unmolding.
- Boil the one cup of water with the two tablespoons of sugar and two very thin slices of lemon.
- Let it boil to reduce the water and you get a thick syrup.
- Remove the slices of lemon, cover the cake with the syrup and serve.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These