This is my wife Paula's recipe, serve this delicious Portuguese stewed cod (caldeirada de bacalhau) with a salad.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||1 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 cod fillets, cooked, spines removed and shredded8 medium potatoes, pre cooked, peeled and sliced2 onions, sliced2 tomatoes, sliced1 bell pepper, cut in strips2 cloves of garlic, choppedParsley (to taste), choppedOlive oil (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a casserole dish with olive oil then add a layer of potatoes, a layer with all the cod, a layer of onions, a layer with all the tomatoes, a layer of pepper strips, sprinkle some parsley, season with salt and pepper (to taste) and drizzle olive oil over it (to taste).
- Add another layer of potatoes, a layer of onions and top it with layer of bell pepper strips and parsley (to taste).
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and drizzle more olive oil over it (to taste).
- Bake it for about 45 minutes.
- Let it cool a little and serve.
Thanks for the recipe...I think I'll just add the chick peas.in the dish...what could go wrong..my mom said it all goes to the same place...thanks again..
1 year ago, Thursday, April 14, 2022
You might also like:
Recommended party food ideas, these are great for a family or friends get together and they are all proven favourites.
On this video, Tia Maria from Tia Maria's Blog, shows you hot to make a delicious Portuguese kale soup (sopa de couve com chouriço).
Must Eat Portuguese Food | Top 10 Best Local Foods To Try In Porto, Portugal!
How to make a Portuguese alheira sausage meal, often simply referred to as alheira, is a traditional sausage from Portugal. It has a distinctive shape and is commonly made with a combination of meats, typically...
As one of the oldest countries in Europe, Portugal has developed a wonderfully authentic and highly regarded cuisine. From chicken piri-piri to regional stews, modified Portuguese recipes and traditional Portuguese...
Steve Cha (aka Rockstar Eater) tries Portuguese food for the first time, at Natas Pastries in Sherman Oaks (Los Angeles, California).