Portuguese Stewed Cod Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Mar 31, 2019
5 out of 5 with 3 ratings
4 cod fillets, cooked, spines removed and shredded8 medium potatoes, pre cooked, peeled and sliced2 onions, sliced2 tomatoes, sliced1 bell pepper, cut in strips2 cloves of garlic, choppedParsley (to taste), choppedOlive oil (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a casserole dish with olive oil then add a layer of potatoes, a layer with all the cod, a layer of onions, a layer with all the tomatoes, a layer of pepper strips, sprinkle some parsley, season with salt and pepper (to taste) and drizzle olive oil over it (to taste).
- Add another layer of potatoes, a layer of onions and top it with layer of bell pepper strips and parsley (to taste).
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and drizzle more olive oil over it (to taste).
- Bake it for about 45 minutes.
- Let it cool a little and serve.