This delicious, no baking needed Portuguese Maria biscuits and coffee tart (tarte de bolacha maria e café) makes a great dessert.
|Preparation time||45 min|
|Ready In||6 h 45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Base:1/2 lb of maria biscuits1/2 cup of butterFilling:2 cups of 35% whipping cream1 and 1/4 cups of condensed milk10 sheets of gelatin1 teaspoon of vanilla extract1 tablespoon of instant coffee powder1 cup of espresso coffeeCoffee beans (to garnish) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Chop the maria biscuits into a fine grind and add the melted butter.
- Knead well and place it on the bottom of a 22 cm diameter pie pan lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve the instant coffee powder in the hot espresso and let it cooldown.
- Whisk the cream firmly, add the gelatin soaked in cold water and melted in the microwave, always beating.
- Add the condensed milk, the vanilla extract and wrap well.
- Add the cold coffee and mix very well.
- Pour it into the pan with the biscuit base and refrigerate overnight.
- At the time of serving, unmold from the pan, eliminating the parchment paper and cover it with grated biscuits and garnish it with coffee beans.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Tomatoes freeze very well, so if you have a large quantity of tomatoes from your garden, this article is for you.
Madeira wine is a fortified wine that comes from the Madeira Islands in Portugal. It is known for its unique flavor profile and longevity, here is a list of the top 10 Madeira wines.
Everyone is aware of the health benefits of fresh fruit juices, but no one has the time to prepare fresh fruit juices on a daily basis. As a result, people prefer to prepare large quantities of fresh fruit juices at...