- Heat a pan with the olive oil, add the onion and the garlic and allow it to brown.
- When the onion is browned, add the beer, the tomato sauce, the bay leaf, the knorr stock cube of choice, the white wine, piri piri sauce and salt to taste.
- Let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add the bifanas to the mix and let it cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve on Portuguese buns with chips on the side.
Please Leave a Comment
You might also like
This is delicious on a sandwich or used as a spread on sliced bread or a bun. I save the broth from cooking the chouriço to make soup.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
This Pico island style bean stew is a traditional dish served in the Island of Pico, Azores, Portugal.
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|
This Portuguese style kebabs recipe makes amazing grilled skewers of beef, pork and chouriço with peppers and onions, served with piri piri dipping sauce.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|