This Portuguese roasted chicken with Port wine recipe is a typical dish of Alcobaça, it is very tasty and affordable and makes a perfect weekend meal.
|Ready In||2 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 large chicken, cut into pieces2 cloves of garlic, minced2 bay leaves1/4 lb of ham, diced2 carrots, cut into half moon slices4 ripe tomatoes, skinless and diced2 tablespoons of mustard2 tablespoons of butter1/2 cup of white wine1/4 cup of brandy1/4 cup of port wineChopped parsley (to taste)10 small onions1 tablespoon of mild ground pepperPiri piri sauce (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season the chicken with salt, garlic, ground pepper and piri piri sauce.
- Add the bay leaves and mix very well.
- Let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat a clay pot on the stove top, add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry them.
- When the chicken is golden brown, add the ham, the mustard and the tomato.
- Mix everything very well and add the carrots, onions, white wine, port wine, brandy and chopped parsley.
- Stir everything well, cover with a lid and bake in preheated oven at 200ºC or 400ºF for about 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, stir everything again.
- Put it back in the oven and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes without the lid.
- When everything is golden brown, remove and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Within Portugal's south-western border lies the Algarve region, which is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe.
Located in southwestern Europe, Portugal is the perfect holiday destination all year around. It is one of the oldest nations in Europe with the oldest borders, existing as a country for more than eight centuries.
Here is a list of the top 5 most popular Portuguese soup recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.