Portuguese Roasted Chicken with Port Wine Recipe
- Season the chicken with salt, garlic, ground pepper and piri piri sauce.
- Add the bay leaves and mix very well.
- Let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat a clay pot on the stove top, add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry them.
- When the chicken is golden brown, add the ham, the mustard and the tomato.
- Mix everything very well and add the carrots, onions, white wine, port wine, brandy and chopped parsley.
- Stir everything well, cover with a lid and bake in preheated oven at 200ºC or 400ºF for about 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, stir everything again.
- Put it back in the oven and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes without the lid.
- When everything is golden brown, remove and serve.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These