This delicious Portuguese style garlic bread with butter and cheese recipe (receita de pão recheado com manteiga de alho e queijo) is very simple and takes less than 30 minutes to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 Portuguese bread loaf (about 1 lb)3/4 cup of butter3 garlic cloves1 tablespoon of coriander 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shreddedPepper to tasteSalt to tasteButter (to taste), for brushing Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºC.
- Next, make slices on the bread lenghtwize and then side to side so you end up with squares (Be careful not to cut all the way through to the bottom of the bread so the pieces will not separate).
- Then add the butter, the garlic, the coriander and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl, and mix until it turns into a paste.
- Spread the paste in the grooves (inside the cuts) on the bread.
- Finally add the shredded mozzarella cheese into the grooves then brush the top of the bread with a little melted butter.
- Place the bread in the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, Nancy shows you how to make Portuguese roasted pumpkin seeds.
Many people will make New Year’s resolutions, however the majority will also fail to achieve them. But making resolutions is still a good idea—with plenty of positive effects.
Learn how to make pão de Deus (God's bread) with Michael Santos, it includes the written recipe.