This delicious Portuguese grilled mackerel with garlic sauce recipe (cavalinhas grelhadas com molho de alho) makes a great meal for 1 person served with boiled potatoes and a salad.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 large mackerel (cleaned)1 garlic clove1/2 onion4 tablespoons of olive oil1 teaspoon of mild paprika2 tablespoons of vinegar2 tablespoons of chopped parsleyPiri piri sauce (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season the fish with a little salt and grill them on both sides, but don't over cook it and let the fish dry.
- Chop the onion and garlic and place in a bowl.
- Add the paprika, olive oil, vinegar, parsley, season with a little salt, add piri piri sauce (to taste) and mix well.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. (You may need more olive oil or vinegar in addition to salt and pepper)
- Pour the sauce over the grilled mackerel.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and vegetables.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
These 5 affordable last minute kitchen gift ideas are available on both Amazon US and Amazon Canada, you will be redirected to whichever country you are from when clicking on a item.
Watch Nancy step by step as she shows you how to make carne de porco à Alentejana (Portuguese pork and clams).
Gordon Ramsay's version of the Portuguese bifana, what do you think?
Lisbon is one of Europes most historic and up and coming cities, and with new chefs, both local and international, making waves in modern Portuguese cuisine, here ere are some suggestions for restaurants to try...
How this 183 year old Portuguese café in Belem, Portugal makes the famous and original custard tarts.
Natasha's best chocolate chip cookies are big, soft, chewy and loaded with chocolate.