Portuguese Bean Rice Recipe
Posted in: Side RecipesWed, Apr 24, 2019
3 out of 5 with 34 ratings
Views: 43087 - Comments 0
1 can of cooked red beans (about 1 lb)1 cup of rice3 tablespoons of olive oil1 onion, chopped2 cloves of garlic, minced2 bay leaves1/2 red bell pepper, cut into cubes1 tomato, diced2 tablespoons of tomato pasteSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)3 and 1/2 cups of vegetable broth (you can use fish or meat depending on main course)Chopped parsley (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pot, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil, add the onion, garlic, red bell pepper and bay leaf.
- Stir and cook until it begins to brown.
- When sautéed, add the diced tomato and cook until the tomato begin to fall apart.
- Once everything is well sautéed, add the rice and mix very well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato paste and the can of beans.
- Mix everything well and add 2/3 of the broth.
- Stir, cover and cook on medium heat for about 12 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth and chopped parsley.
- Stir and as soon as it begins to boil, cover and turn off the heat.
- Let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- After about 5 minutes, it is ready to serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Neuza Costa, SaborIntenso.com