This Portuguese bean rice recipe (arroz de feijão) is very easy to prepare, it makes a great side dish and takes about 30 minutes to make.
1 can of cooked red beans (about 1 lb)1 cup of rice3 tablespoons of olive oil1 onion, chopped2 cloves of garlic, minced2 bay leaves1/2 red bell pepper, cut into cubes1 tomato, diced2 tablespoons of tomato pasteSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)3 and 1/2 cups of vegetable broth (you can use fish or meat depending on main course)Chopped parsley (to taste)* Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In a pot, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil, add the onion, garlic, red bell pepper and bay leaf.
- Stir and cook until it begins to brown.
- When sautéed, add the diced tomato and cook until the tomato begin to fall apart.
- Once everything is well sautéed, add the rice and mix very well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato paste and the can of beans.
- Mix everything well and add 2/3 of the broth.
- Stir, cover and cook on medium heat for about 12 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth and chopped parsley.
- Stir and as soon as it begins to boil, cover and turn off the heat.
- Let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- After about 5 minutes, it is ready to serve.
You might also like
This sauce is comparable to nando's piri piri sauce, the flavor is all there, it's not as hot, but it still packs some heat.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
There are no comments for this recipe.