Portuguese Chicken Pie with Mushrooms Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Poultry
Apr 26, 2019
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1 pie crust1 onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, chopped1/3 cup of olive oil1/4 cup of white wine1 lb of diced chicken meat1 tablespoon of paprika1/4 lb of fresh mushrooms1 tablespoon flour3/4 cup of milk1 eggSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Nutmeg (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 400ºF.
- Heat the olive oil, add cook the onion and garlic until the onion is transparent.
- Add the white wine, stir and let evaporate a little.
- Add the chicken and mix, add the paprika. mix and cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook another 10 minutes, if it starts to run out of sauce just add a little water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the flour and mix, add the milk and let it boil lightly until creamy.
- Beat the egg and add to the mixture.
- Check the the seasoning and add a little nutmeg.
- Add the mixture to a pie pan with the pie crust on it and bake for about 30 minutes.
You Might Also Like These