This traditional Portuguese favas with chouriço and poached eggs recipe (receita de favas com chouriço e ovos escalfados) is easy to make and makes a delicious family meal.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||1 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 lbs of fresh peeled fava beans1 chouriço, sliced1 onion, chopped2 cloves of garlic, minced1/4 cup of olive oil1/2 cup of white wine1 cup of tomato sauce1 beef broth cube5 eggsSalt (to taste)Black pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic and the chouriço and sauté a little.
- Add the white wine and tomato sauce and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the fava beans, the beef broth cube and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the pan half way with hot water, cover the pan and let it cook for a while.
- Check the seasoning and if necessary, add a little more water.
- When the fava beans are cooked, crack the eggs into the pan and cook them to taste.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, Michael Santos shows you step by step how to make Portuguese seafood rice (arroz de marisco).
Michael Santos from Just Cook with Michael Santos, shows you how to make this delicious Terceira Island alcatra clay pot roast from Uma Casa Restaurant.
Guy Fieri from the Food Network, tries Portuguese kale soup for the first time at Dana's Kitchen in Cape Cod.