Portuguese Favas with Chouriço & Poached Eggs Recipe
Posted in: SoupsTue, May 7, 2019
3 out of 5 with 29 ratings
Views: 41346 - Comments 0
3 lbs of fresh peeled fava beans1 chouriço, sliced1 onion, chopped2 cloves of garlic, minced1/4 cup of olive oil1/2 cup of white wine1 cup of tomato sauce1 beef broth cube5 eggsSalt (to taste)Black pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic and the chouriço and sauté a little.
- Add the white wine and tomato sauce and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the fava beans, the beef broth cube and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the pan half way with hot water, cover the pan and let it cook for a while.
- Check the seasoning and if necessary, add a little more water.
- When the fava beans are cooked, crack the eggs into the pan and cook them to taste.
Recipe & Photo Credit: narwencuisine.blogspot.com