This delicious Portuguese cod empadão recipe makes a great family meal, garnished with olives, parsley or chopped coriander.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 cod fillets1 bay leaf6 large potatoes, sliced2 onions2 cloves of garlic, crushed3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped8 EggsParsley (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Olives (to taste)Parsley or coriander, for garnish Get Portuguese ingredients
- Begin by cooking the cod in water, once cold shred it using your fingers and remove any bones.
- Peel the potatoes, put them whole in a pan with water, season with salt, a little olive oil, a bay leaf, some parsley (to taste) and two crushed cloves of garlic.
- Do not over cook them, once cooked, they should be cut into slices, not too thin.
- In a pan put olive oil, the onions, the three garlic cloves finely chopped, season to taste and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- In a bowl beat the eggs well and season with salt and pepper.
- In a casserole dish, begin by placing a little of the onion and olive oil mix on the bottom, next a a layer of shredded cod, then potatoes, then another layer of cod and over everything, the remaining onions and olive oil mix.
- Drizzle with beaten eggs and bake until golden brown.
- Garnish with olives, parsley or chopped coriander.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Highlights of some of the major touristic locations near Fatima which is composed of unforgettable experiences: the history of the Monastery of Batalha, be fascinated by the breathtaking views of Nazaré and enjoy...
This is a list of the 10 most popular Portuguese stews on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
How to make Portuguese coconut biscoitos, a traditional Portuguese biscuits made with coconut. These delicious treats are popular in Portugal and among Portuguese communities around the world.