Portuguese Cod Empadão Recipe
- Begin by cooking the cod in water, once cold shred it using your fingers and remove any bones.
- Peel the potatoes, put them whole in a pan with water, season with salt, a little olive oil, a bay leaf, some parsley (to taste) and two crushed cloves of garlic.
- Do not over cook them, once cooked, they should be cut into slices, not too thin.
- In a pan put olive oil, the onions, the three garlic cloves finely chopped, season to taste and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- In a bowl beat the eggs well and season with salt and pepper.
- In a casserole dish, begin by placing a little of the onion and olive oil mix on the bottom, next a a layer of shredded cod, then potatoes, then another layer of cod and over everything, the remaining onions and olive oil mix.
- Drizzle with beaten eggs and bake until golden brown.
- Garnish with olives, parsley or chopped coriander.
You Might Also Like These