Portuguese Seafood Beans Recipe
- If you are using dry beans, the day before, soak them in water.
- On the day of cooking, cook the beans in salt water in a pressure cooker for about 20 minutes, after cooking set aside still in the water.
- Cook the shrimp and season with salt, after boiling, cook for 5 minutes.
- Keep the broth/water from the shrimp, peel the shrimp but leave some with the skin to decorate.
- In a pan, sauté the the onion and the garlic with the olive oil.
- When the onion starts to brown, add the tomatoes, the bay leaf, the chouriço and the squid.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes then add the shrimp broth/water.
- When the squid is tender, add the bell pepper, as well as the cooked beans with a little of the bean water, season with salt and pepper, let it sit a little then add the clams and check the seasoning.
You Might Also Like These