Serve this delicious Portuguese salmon pate spread (patê de salmão) on crusty bread slices, toast or crackers.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||2 h 25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 salmon fillet (about 300 grams)1/2 cup of mayonnaise2 tablespoons of heavy cream1 tablespoon of ketchup1 tablespoon of olive oil1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauceChopped fresh chives (to taste)Lime juice (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season the salmon fillet on both sides with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Fry the salmon fillet in the olive oil over medium heat (about 4 minutes on each side).
- Once fried, remove the salmon fillet from the frying pan and place it on a dish.
- Remove the skin and bones and shred very well.
- Put in a bowl and let cool 5 minutes.
- To the bowl with the salmon, add the ketchup, the Worcestershire sauce and the cream.
- Mix well and finally, mix in the mayonnaise and chives.
- Once everything is well mixed, place it the refrigerator for at least 2 hours until well cooled.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Gordon is in Portugal this week on Uncharted, exploring all the amazing things this country has to offer including an incredible pig called Porco Preto (Black Iberian).
Europe's last secret paradise, Madeira.
Recommended party food ideas, these are great for a family or friends get together and they are all proven favourites.