This Portuguese style yogurt and pineapple dessert recipe (sobremesa de iogurte e ananás) is easy to prepare and but it does take a little time and it's worth it.
1 cup of Maria biscuits, grinded1/2 cup of butter, melted1 and 1/4 lbs of Philadelphia or other cream cheese3/4 cup of vanilla yogurt6 sheets of gelatin1/2 cup of sugar1 can of pineapple (about 260 gr), drained* Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Grind the Maria biscuits.
- Melt the butter, add it to the grinded biscuits and mix until you get a paste.
- Add the paste to a removable bottom pie pan and press firmly.
- Drain the pineapple and save the juice, keep a few slices of the pineapple and cut the rest into very small pieces.
- Now mix the Philadelphia (or other cream cheese), the vanilla yogurt, and the pineapple chunks.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water and drain.
- Heat 3/4 cup of the pineapple juice with the sugar and the soaked gelatin sheets to dissolve it, then mix it with the cream cheese mix.
- Add everything on top of the biscuit base in the pan.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours and serve it decorated with the rest of the pineapple slices.
There are no comments for this recipe.