This Portuguese style yogurt and pineapple dessert recipe (sobremesa de iogurte e ananás) is easy to prepare and but it does take a little time and it's worth it.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Ready In||3 h 20 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 cup of Maria biscuits, grinded1/2 cup of butter, melted1 and 1/4 lbs of Philadelphia or other cream cheese3/4 cup of vanilla yogurt6 sheets of gelatin1/2 cup of sugar1 can of pineapple (about 260 gr), drained Get Portuguese ingredients
- Grind the Maria biscuits.
- Melt the butter, add it to the grinded biscuits and mix until you get a paste.
- Add the paste to a removable bottom pie pan and press firmly.
- Drain the pineapple and save the juice, keep a few slices of the pineapple and cut the rest into very small pieces.
- Now mix the Philadelphia (or other cream cheese), the vanilla yogurt, and the pineapple chunks.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water and drain.
- Heat 3/4 cup of the pineapple juice with the sugar and the soaked gelatin sheets to dissolve it, then mix it with the cream cheese mix.
- Add everything on top of the biscuit base in the pan.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours and serve it decorated with the rest of the pineapple slices.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Tomatoes freeze very well, so if you have a large quantity of tomatoes from your garden, this article is for you.
Gordon Ramsay, one of the world's most celebrated chefs, invites you to learn his tricks with Cook with me.
Watch this amazing video of flying into Europe's most dangerous airport in Madeira and meet co pilot and first officer Patricia.