This Portuguese old fashioned madalenas recipe (receita antiga de madalenas) is easy to prepare and makes a great snack.
|Preparation time||25 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
1 and 1/4 cups of sugarZest of one lemon4 eggs1 pinch of salt1/2 cup of milk1 cup of sunflower oil2 and 3/4 cups of flour1 tablespoon of baking powder Get Portuguese ingredients
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until you get a creamy mixture and then add the zest of lemon.
- Add the milk and the oil alternating but always continuing to beat.
- Gradually add the flour and baking powder.
- Finally beat the egg whites and gently mix it into the previous mixture.
- Put paper cups in a muffin tray.
- Pour the batter into the paper cups and wait about 15 minutes before putting them in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C or 425°F and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool a little, sprinkle with sugar and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
In this video we go on a day trip from Lisbon to visit the beautiful Sintra to explore the magical palaces there.
Add these vinegars to your pantry, they make many types of vinegar, but each type is better with certain foods.
It only takes 30 minutes to make these 3 ingredient coconut cupcakes which are a treat for anytime of the day, enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.