Portuguese Old Fashioned Madalenas Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
May 28, 2019
4 out of 5 with 18 ratings
1 and 1/4 cups of sugarZest of one lemon4 eggs1 pinch of salt1/2 cup of milk1 cup of sunflower oil2 and 3/4 cups of flour1 tablespoon of baking powder
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until you get a creamy mixture and then add the zest of lemon.
- Add the milk and the oil alternating but always continuing to beat.
- Gradually add the flour and baking powder.
- Finally beat the egg whites and gently mix it into the previous mixture.
- Put paper cups in a muffin tray.
- Pour the batter into the paper cups and wait about 15 minutes before putting them in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C or 425°F and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool a little, sprinkle with sugar and serve.