Portuguese Caçoila (Pulled Pork) Sandwich Recipe
Posted in: Pork
May 28, 2019
4 out of 5 with 16 ratings
3 lbs of boneless pork butt1 and 1/4 teaspoons of garlic powder1 teaspoon of smoked paprika2 teaspoons of salt, divided1 and 1/4 teaspoons of black pepper1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon1/8 teaspoon of allspice1/2 teaspoon thyme or oregano1/2 teaspoon of cumin1 cup of white wine1/2 cup of orange juice1/8 cup of red wine vinegar1 bay leaf6 rolls or buns
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Trim excess fat off pork (Don't take too much off—it is needed for flavoring).
- Cut into 1-inch cubes, combine all of the dry spices (use only 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt) for the rub.
- Sprinkle on pork, place in a zip lock bag, and seal.
- Rub into pork over the bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 120°C or 250°F.
- Combine wine, orange juice, red wine vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a bowl.
- Place pork and spices in a dutch oven.
- Pour the liquid into dutch oven.
- Tuck in a bay leaf.
- Cover and bake for about 3 and 1/2 hours or until the pork fork tender.
- Remove pork from the oven.
- Shred using forks.
- Serve on rolls or buns.