Portuguese Caçoila (Pulled Pork) Sandwich Recipe
- Trim excess fat off pork (Don't take too much off—it is needed for flavoring).
- Cut into 1-inch cubes, combine all of the dry spices (use only 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt) for the rub.
- Sprinkle on pork, place in a zip lock bag, and seal.
- Rub into pork over the bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 120°C or 250°F.
- Combine wine, orange juice, red wine vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a bowl.
- Place pork and spices in a dutch oven.
- Pour the liquid into dutch oven.
- Tuck in a bay leaf.
- Cover and bake for about 3 and 1/2 hours or until the pork fork tender.
- Remove pork from the oven.
- Shred using forks.
- Serve on rolls or buns.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These