This slow cooked Portuguese caçoila (pulled pork) makes a delicious meal served on your favorite roll or bun.
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Cooking Time||3 h 30 min|
|Ready In||4 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 lbs of boneless pork butt1 and 1/4 teaspoons of garlic powder1 teaspoon of smoked paprika2 teaspoons of salt, divided1 and 1/4 teaspoons of black pepper1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon1/8 teaspoon of allspice1/2 teaspoon thyme or oregano1/2 teaspoon of cumin1 cup of white wine1/2 cup of orange juice1/8 cup of red wine vinegar1 bay leaf6 rolls or buns Get Portuguese ingredients
- Trim excess fat off pork (Don't take too much off—it is needed for flavoring).
- Cut into 1-inch cubes, combine all of the dry spices (use only 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt) for the rub.
- Sprinkle on pork, place in a zip lock bag, and seal.
- Rub into pork over the bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 120°C or 250°F.
- Combine wine, orange juice, red wine vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a bowl.
- Place pork and spices in a dutch oven.
- Pour the liquid into dutch oven.
- Tuck in a bay leaf.
- Cover and bake for about 3 and 1/2 hours or until the pork fork tender.
- Remove pork from the oven.
- Shred using forks.
- Serve on rolls or buns.
You might also like:
This is a delicious and traditional Portuguese chouriço recipe.
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|
Serve these amazing Marinated Portuguese roasted pork ribs (costeletas de porco assadas) with some rice and a good wine.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
How much of the spices are you supposed to use to marinate on the pork overnight and how much do you use on the pork when you’re going to cook it
7 months ago, Thursday, June 23, 2022
I make this all of the time I prefer using good quality beef or sometimes half beef and half pork and I make about 6 lb when I do. It's a favorite with my friends here in Florida but my favorite is using Portuguese Old spice and Pimenta Moída (Crushed Hot Red Peppers) etc
8 months ago, Tuesday, May 3, 2022