Portuguese Chicken with Beans Recipe
Posted in: Poultry
May 31, 2019
3 out of 5 with 7 ratings
3 chicken breasts1/2 chouriço 1 large can of white beans1 small can of peeled tomatoes2 carrots1 onion2 garlic cloves1/2 cup of white wine5 tablespoons of olive oil1 pinch of cumin powder1 bay leafChopped parsley (to taste)Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes.
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop them and cut the carrots into slices.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil, add the chicken and cook until golden.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrots, also add the sliced chouriço and bay leaf and cook until the onion is transparent.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes with the sauce and white wine, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add the white beans with the sauce and the cumin too, stir and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot sprinkled with chopped parsley.