Serve these tasty and spicy Portuguese Mozambique style shrimp (camarões à moda de Moçambique) with Portuguese fries or white rice.
|Preparation time||2 h 15 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||2 h 35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 cup of butter or margarine2 lbs of shrimp6 cloves of garlic2 to 6 piri piri or chilli peppers (to taste)A pinch of saltOlive oil (to taste)Beer (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Start by washing the shrimp, drying them and removing the heads the guts.
- In a mortar or pestle, place the garlic cloves and a pinch of salt, the piri piri or chilli peppers and the butter and grind/mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Rub the shrimp well with this paste then place them in a (oven safe) tray and let it sit for a couple of hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 400ºF.
- At this point, drizzle the shrimp with olive oil and beer (to taste).
- Place them in the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, make sure the peel is red.
- Serve immediately, accompanied with Portuguese fries or white rice.
Just love all the pictures
5 months ago, Monday, June 26, 2023
You might also like:
This is a list of the 10 most popular Portuguese stews on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Join me as I show you how to effortlessly make Portuguese bread rolls. You will never go for the store bought ever again. :-)
In this video Pedro Ramos shows you how to make a seafood cataplana (a popular dish from the Algarve region).
This list of the top 5 Portuguese desserts was compiled by Michael Costa according to his individual taste, don't count the calories lol.
All cooking ingredients are measured with Metric style measuring cup set (1 cup = 250 ml ) size in all recipes on this website.
This is a list of the top 10 most popular Portuguese breakfast recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.