Portuguese Mozambique Style Shrimp Recipe
- Start by washing the shrimp, drying them and removing the heads the guts.
- In a mortar or pestle, place the garlic cloves and a pinch of salt, the piri piri or chilli peppers and the butter and grind/mix until you get a smooth paste.
- Rub the shrimp well with this paste then place them in a (oven safe) tray and let it sit for a couple of hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 400ºF.
- At this point, drizzle the shrimp with olive oil and beer (to taste).
- Place them in the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, make sure the peel is red.
- Serve immediately, accompanied with Portuguese fries or white rice.
You Might Also Like These