Portuguese Chouriço (Sausage) Sandwich Recipe
Posted in: Sandwiches / Wraps
Nov 13, 2015
4 out of 5 with 12 ratings
1/2 small chouriço sausage (sliced lengthwise)1 egg2 tablespoons olive oil1 teaspoon of white wine1 small onionSalt & Pepper to taste1 Portuguese roll or your favorite bread
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- In a small skillet on medium heat place 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat until hot, but not smoky. Add the chouriço and cook until golden brown and slightly crispy on both sides.
- Remove from pan when done and add the onions. Cook onions on medium until golden brown stirring often. If the pan is to hot lower heat. I like my onions slightly undercooked but you cook them more or less to your preference.
- Add the wine and cook for about 2 minutes stirring often. Remove onions from heat and set aside while you cook the egg.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a nonstick skillet on medium heat. When the oil is hot but not smoky, add the egg and fry until the edges are crispy. Lower heat if necessary.
- Turn off heat and remove pan from burner.
- Place the chourico on bread with the onions on top.
- Add the fried egg on top of the onions and serve with the bread over it or on the side.