Portuguese Pulled Pork (Caçoila) Recipe
Posted in: Pork RecipesTue, Jun 4, 2019
4 out of 5 with 191 ratings
2 lbs of pork butt meat, cut in good size pieces 2 or 3 bay leaves Juice of 3 oranges 1 teaspoon of paprika 1/4 teaspoon of Portuguese allspice 1 teaspoon of hot red pepper sauce (pimenta moida)1 tablespoon of lard (optional) 2 cloves of garlic Red wine (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Rinse the pork meat and place in a bowl.
- Add the orange juice, garlic, and spices.
- Mix, cover and let it marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Place the meat and marinade in a pan and cook over medium heat, adding warm red wine as needed.
- Cook until meat is tender and falls apart (about 3 hours).
- There should be no remaining liquid at the bottom of the pan at the end of the cooking process.
- Check and adjust salt and pepper.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
Bobby Bacalhau - 1 Month ago
What is Ground red pepper SAUCE?