Portuguese Pulled Pork (Caçoila) Recipe
Posted in: Pork
Jun 4, 2019
3 out of 5 with 124 ratings
2 lbs of pork butt meat, cut in good size pieces 2 or 3 bay leaves Juice of 3 oranges 1 teaspoon of paprika 1/4 teaspoon of Portuguese allspice 1 teaspoon of ground red pepper sauce 1 tablespoon of lard (optional) 2 cloves of garlic Red wine (to taste)
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Rinse the pork meat and place in a bowl.
- Add the orange juice, garlic, and spices.
- Mix, cover and let it marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Place the meat and marinade in a pan and cook over medium heat, adding warm red wine as needed.
- Cook until meat is tender and falls apart (about 3 hours).
- There should be no remaining liquid at the bottom of the pan at the end of the cooking process.
- Check and adjust salt and pepper.