- Rinse the pork meat and place in a bowl.
- Add the orange juice, garlic, spices and lard.
- Mix, cover and let it marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Place the meat and marinade in a pan and cook over medium heat, adding warm red wine as needed.
- Cook until meat is tender and falls apart (about 3 hours).
- There should be no remaining liquid at the bottom of the pan at the end of the cooking process.
- Check and adjust salt and pepper.
You might also like
This Portuguese roasted pork shank recipe (pernil de porco assado) is simple to make and very delicious.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
Feijoada originated around the 14th century in the Northern region of Portugal. Normally, it is made with white beans but in some regions, red kidney beans are used. This dish is best served with Portuguese rice and Portuguese Bread.
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|
This Portuguese pork with chestnuts recipe (receita de carne de porco com castanhas) is delicious.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|