Portuguese Lemon & Water Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Jun 23, 2019
4 out of 5 with 18 ratings
1 and 1/2 cups of water2 and 3/4 cups of flour1 cup of sugar1/4 cup of sunflower oil1 tablespoon of baking powder4 eggsZest of 1 lemon
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Put all the powdered ingredients in a bowl, mix well, add the lemon zest and make a hole in the center.
- In a different bowl, add the warm water, the oil, mix well with a hand mixer, add the eggs and mix some more.
- Pour the liquid into the hole in the flour gradually while continuing to mix with a hand mixer until it is smooth and lump-free.
- Grease a cake pan and dust it with flour.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for about 45 minutes, after 45 minutes test with a toothpick to make sure it's done.