This delicious and refreshing Portuguese strawberry ice cream recipe (receita de gelado com morangos) is so easy to make and great to enjoy on a hot day.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||5 h|
|Ready In||5 h 15 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 cups of whipping cream 35%1 can of sweetened condensed milk7 ounces of maria biscuits, grated3 tablespoons of sugar1 lb of strawberries Get Portuguese ingredients
- Beat the cream until fluffy and bulky.
- Add condensed milk and beat until well blended.
- In a bread loaf type pan (regtangular), place alternating layers of cream and the grated maria biscuit.
- Place in the freezer until frozen (about 5 hours).
- Add the sugar to the strawberries and mash everything until pureed.
- At serving time, soak the form for few seconds in hot water and unmold onto a platter.
- Drizzle the ice cream with the strawberry puree, or cut the ice cream into slices and cover with the puree individually if you do not want to use the ice cream all at once.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, chef Rick who was a guest on Spokane Public Library, shows you how to make a delicious Portuguese bean soup.
Within Portugal's south-western border lies the Algarve region, which is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe.
Top 5 light but delicious Portuguese dessert recipes was put together by Michael Costa.