Delicious meal for seafood lovers, this Portuguese baked octopus with shrimp recipe (receita de polvo no forno com camarão) takes a little time to prepare but it's worth it.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 10 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 octopus (about 2 lbs) (cleaned)1 lb of medium sized shrimp1 and 1/2 lbs of new potatoes8 cloves of garlic2 onions1/2 cup of white wine1/2 cup of olive oilSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Salsa (to taste)Juice of 1 lemon Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cook the octopus in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and set aside.
- Cook the potatoes with the skin in water with salt for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Drain the octopus, cut it into pieces and place it on a clay dish.
- Drain the potatoes, cut them in half and place them around the octopus, as well as the crushed garlic and the sliced onion.
- Sprinkle with white wine and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, occasionally drizzling with the sauce from the bottom of the dish.
- Put two cloves of crushed garlic in a frying pan with a little olive oil, bring to a boil and cook the shrimp.
- When the shrimp are done, remove from the heat and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Remove the octopus from the oven, add the shrimp and serve immediately sprinkled with parsley.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
This is a list of the top 5 most popular Portuguese cod recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
Do you know what the popular cozido à portuguesa (boiled meal) is and what it contains?
Learn how to make Anna Olson's delicious pecan butter tarts with this step by step video.