This Portuguese veal and vegetable stew (jardineira à Portuguesa), is comfort food at its best!
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 30 min|
|Ready In||2 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 and 1/2 lbs of diced vealDiced potatoes (to taste)2 large sliced carrots1/2 lb of green beans cut into piecesPeas (to taste)1 chouriço sausage, sliced1 medium onion, finely chopped2 cloves of garlic, minced1 peeled ripe tomato4 tablespoons of tomato paste1/2 cup of white wine1 bay leafSalt and pepper (to taste)Olive Oil (to taste)Chopped fresh parsley (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Start by mashing the peeled tomato along with the tomato paste.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion with the minced garlic until it is soft and transparent.
- Add the tomato paste and white wine and let the flavors infuse for about 2 minutes.
- Add the veal cubes, the chouriço and the bay leaf.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and let the meat cook for about 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, green beans and mix well.
- If necessary add a little hot water and ajust salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat until it begins to boil again, then cover the pan and reduce the heat until the vegetables are cooked.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Ever wonder which are the most popular recipes on our site? Here is a list of the top 10 Portuguese recipes on portugueserecipes.ca.
When it comes to steak, nothing beats a perfectly cooked, well-seasoned, juicy cut. But this is easier said than done. It can be difficult to know what tools to use, what to buy at the butcher, how different cuts of...
Trying Portuguese Food in the Algarve. It's our final day here in Portugal and we through we would head out and try some of the local Portugal food.