Portuguese Meat & Vegetable Stew Recipe
- Start by mashing the peeled tomato along with the tomato paste.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion with the minced garlic until it is soft and transparent.
- Add the tomato paste and white wine and let the flavors infuse for about 2 minutes.
- Add the veal cubes, the chouriço and the bay leaf.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and let the meat cook for about 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, green beans and mix well.
- If necessary add a little hot water and ajust salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat until it begins to boil again, then cover the pan and reduce the heat until the vegetables are cooked.
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These