Portuguese Meat & Vegetable Stew Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Jul 24, 2019
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1 and 1/2 lbs of diced vealDiced potatoes (to taste)2 large sliced carrots1/2 lb of green beans cut into piecesPeas (to taste)1 chouriço sausage, sliced1 medium onion, finely chopped2 cloves of garlic, minced1 peeled ripe tomato4 tablespoons of tomato paste1/2 cup of white wine1 bay leafSalt and pepper (to taste)Olive Oil (to taste)Chopped fresh parsley (to taste)
- Start by mashing the peeled tomato along with the tomato paste.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion with the minced garlic until it is soft and transparent.
- Add the tomato paste and white wine and let the flavors infuse for about 2 minutes.
- Add the veal cubes, the chouriço and the bay leaf.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and let the meat cook for about 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, green beans and mix well.
- If necessary add a little hot water and ajust salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat until it begins to boil again, then cover the pan and reduce the heat until the vegetables are cooked.
You Might Also Like These