Portuguese Mussels Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesFri, Nov 13, 2015
5 out of 5 with 3 ratings
2 lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed and bearded1⁄4 cup olive oil (or olive oil and butter mixed)4 garlic cloves, minced2 cups chicken broth1 cup red wineFresh parsley, for garnish * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Prepare mussels, discarding any that will not close after a light tap.
- Heat olive oil, or combination olive oil and butter, over medium heat in a dutch oven. Saute garlic about 5 minutes, but do not allow to brown.
- Add chicken broth and wine. Allow to come to a boil.
- Add mussels and cover. Steam about 2 - 3 minutes until shells open. Do not overcook or mussels will become rubbery. Discard any unopened shells. Garnish with fresh, chopped parsley.
- Serve "family style" in the pot or in individual bowls.
- Portuguese crusty bread can be used to sop up the sauce.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!