This simple and delicious Portuguese style hot dog rice recipe (receita de arroz de salsichas) makes and easy and affordable meal for any day of the week.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
6 fresh hotdogs1 and 1/3 cups of carolino (Portuguese) rice3 cloves of garlic1 cup of crushed tomatoes1/2 of a green bell pepper, chopped3 and 1/2 ounces of bacon or chouriço, choppedSalt and pepper (to taste)1 bay leafExtra virgin olive oil (to taste)2 and 1/2 cups of homemade chicken brothWhite wine (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the hotdogs into slices and put aside.
- Chop the garlic and cook in a pan with the olive oil and bay leaf and let it brown.
- Add the hotdogs, bacon or chouriço.
- Add a little white wine and let it evaporate.
- Add the green bell pepper, stir well, add the crushed tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté a little.
- Add the broth (preferably very hot), season with salt and pepper and let the rice cook without stirring for about 20 minutes.
- Let it stand about 10 minutes before serving, enjoy.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Influenced by Mediterranean cuisine, Portuguese fare heavily relies on seafood. From crispy whole sardines to dried and salted cod, these are the dishes to try in Lisbon and beyond.
How to make homemade papo-secos with DIYwithnancyg, a type of traditional Portuguese bread roll. It is commonly found in Portugal and is a popular choice for sandwiches.
Here's a step by step guide from making the meat marinade to putting everything together in the exact sequence that makes this meal super yummy.
This is a list of the top 5 most popular beef recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
The Meco beach (or Moinho de Baixo Beach) is a beach next to Aldeia do Meco Village, on the west coast of Sesimbra municipality.
On this video, Nancy shows you how to make delicious Portuguese almond tarts (queijadas de amêndoa).