Portuguese Salsichas (Hot Dog) Rice Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Sides
Jul 30, 2019
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
6 fresh hotdogs1 and 1/3 cups of carolino (Portuguese) rice1 green pepper3 cloves of garlic1 cup of crushed tomatoes1/2 of a bell pepper, chopped3 and 1/2 ounces of bacon or chouriço, choppedSalt and pepper (to taste)1 bay leafExtra virgin olive oil (to taste)2 and 1/2 cups of homemade chicken brothWhite wine (to taste)
- Cut the hotdogs into slices and put aside.
- Chop the garlic and cook in a pan with the olive oil and bay leaf and let it brown.
- Add the hotdogs, bacon or chouriço.
- Add a little white wine and let it evaporate.
- Add the bell pepper, stir well, add the crushed tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté a little.
- Add the broth (preferably very hot), season with salt and pepper and let the rice cook without stirring for about 20 minutes.
- Let it stand about 10 minutes before serving, enjoy.
You Might Also Like These