These Portuguese marinated beef skewers (espetadas) most typically use beef, although you can use other meats and vegetables. They are seasoned with typical Portuguese ingredients and cooked over open flames so you get the perfect amount of smokiness and flavor.
|Preparation time||4 h 20 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||4 h 35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 and 1/2 lbs of beef tenderloin or 1 and 1/2 lbs of boneless sirloin, cut into cubes4 garlic of cloves, chopped8 bay leaves1 onion, finely chopped1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar3 tablespoons of olive oilCoarse sea salt and pepper (to taste)4 Portuguese bread bunsWooden skewers Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a large bowl combine the salt and pepper to taste, garlic, bay leaves, wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients well then add the cubes of beef and coat them well with the marinade and let it marinate covered for about 4 to 6 hours.
- When they are ready to cook, thread the cubes of meat onto the wood skewers alternating with a bay leaf.
- Grill the skewers over high-heat until they are well browned on the outside, with a nice smokey flavor.
- Once they are done, serve with toasted Portuguese bread buns on the side.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Bolinhos de bacalhau, name in Northern Portugal and Brazil or pastéis de bacalhau, name in Central and Southern Portugal, particularly in the Lisbon area.
Fish is delicious and nutritious, but it can really make your home stink sometimes, here is a tip on how to get rid of fish smell in your home.
Portuguese wine is the result of traditions introduced to the region by ancient civilizations, such as the Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Greeks, and mostly the Romans. Portugal started to export its wines to Rome...