Portuguese Marinated Beef Skewers (Espetadas) Recipe
Posted in: Beef
Aug 5, 2019
3 out of 5 with 8 ratings
1 and 1/2 lbs of beef tenderloin or 1 and 1/2 lbs of boneless sirloin, cut into cubes4 garlic of cloves, chopped8 bay leaves1 onion, finely chopped1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar3 tablespoons of olive oilCoarse sea salt and pepper (to taste)4 Portuguese bread bunsWooden skewers
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- In a large bowl combine the salt and pepper to taste, garlic, bay leaves, wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Mix all the ingredients well then add the cubes of beef and coat them well with the marinade and let it marinate covered for about 4 to 6 hours.
- When they are ready to cook, thread the cubes of meat onto the wood skewers alternating with a bay leaf.
- Grill the skewers over high-heat until they are well browned on the outside, with a nice smokey flavor.
- Once they are done, serve with toasted Portuguese bread buns on the side.