Portuguese Egg Candies from Portalegre Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Aug 22, 2019
0 out of 5 with ratings
Candies:1 cup of sugar5 tablespoons of water8 egg yolksAlmond oil (to shape the candies)Glaze:10 tablespoons of water1 tablespoon of lemon juice2 and 1/2 cups of sugar
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium heat until until it turns into a syrop consistency.
- Let it cool slightly and add the lightly beaten egg yolks (mix quickly to prevent the yolks from cooking and turning into chunks).
- Place the candy back on the heat and stir constantly until it forms into a very thick consistency.
- Place it on a smooth and cold surface, greased with almond oil and with your hands also greased, take pieces of it and mold it into candies (to taste).
- Bring the sugar, water and the lemon juice into a boil, until it comes to a syrop consistency.
- Remove from the heat and immediately using a fork or kitchen tweezers, dunk the candies one by one into the glaze (make sure the code candy is covered with it).
- Let them cool on the surface where you molded them and once cool, wrap them in paper (to taste).