Portuguese Egg Candies from Portalegre Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Snacks
Aug 22, 2019
0 out of 5 with ratings
Candies:1 cup of sugar5 tablespoons of water8 egg yolksAlmond oil (to shape the candies)Glaze:10 tablespoons of water1 tablespoon of lemon juice2 and 1/2 cups of sugar
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium heat until until it turns into a syrop consistency.
- Let it cool slightly and add the lightly beaten egg yolks (mix quickly to prevent the yolks from cooking and turning into chunks).
- Place the candy back on the heat and stir constantly until it forms into a very thick consistency.
- Place it on a smooth and cold surface, greased with almond oil and with your hands also greased, take pieces of it and mold it into candies (to taste).
- Bring the sugar, water and the lemon juice into a boil, until it comes to a syrop consistency.
- Remove from the heat and immediately using a fork or kitchen tweezers, dunk the candies one by one into the glaze (make sure the code candy is covered with it).
- Let them cool on the surface where you molded them and once cool, wrap them in paper (to taste).
Join our "New" monthly Newsletter, Click Here!
You Might Also Like These