This Portuguese cheese and chouriço stuffed bread (pão recheado com queijo e chouriço) is perfect for a family get together, be it summer or winter.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 medium round bread, Alentejo type1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese1 cup of grated emmental cheese1 cup of mayonnaise1/2 lb of diced chouriço1 large garlic cloveDried oregano leavesBlack pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Using a knife, cut the top of the bread and then use a spoon to remove bread crumb from inside the bread.
- In the mincer, place the chouriço and garlic clove and grind everything until finely chopped.
- Place the chouriço in a bowl, season with pepper and oregano leaves (to taste).
- Add the mayonnaise, the cheese and mix well with a spoon until you get a smooth paste.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet, fill the bread with the stuffing and while stuffing, press slightly with a spoon to fill the entire interior, and finally, sprinkle with a few leaves of oregano.
- Bake the bread in a preheated oven at 180ºC or 350ºF for approximately 40 minutes.
- When the cheese is melted and the top has a golden color, remove from the oven.
- Serve with small bite size toast for dipping.
Hi Eddy! I love your website and recipes! I grew up in the Fall River, MA, area and grew up on Portuguese food. I'd like to make my own loaf of artisan bread for this recipe. What do you recommend for that? Thank you... I don't know a lot about baking breads.
1 year ago, Monday, September 5, 2022